While today’s seniors are painfully aware of rising costs, many do not know that there are non-profit organizations like The Silver Scholarship Foundation that aim to help seniors facing growing financial costs. According to a recent article by Angela Stringfellow in on SeniorHomes.com, The Silver Scholarship Foundation offers funding to approved seniors to cover costs such as:
- Private pay companions
- Rent and/or utilities
- Home health care
- Assisted living
- Residential dementia care
If you are wondering if you or a loved one qualify for a Silver Scholarship here are the requirements:
- Over the age of 65 years
- Require a higher level of care than currently received, such as Memory Care, but unable to afford the upgrade.
- Nearing a financial crisis with financial resources totaling less than six months’ living expenses.
- Considering moving out of Assisted Living or having recently moved out due to inability to cover costs.
- A wartime Veteran or the spouse of a wartime Veteran waiting for an Aid and Attendance pension to be processed.