Browning Geriatric Consulting was established in 1994 by Jennifer Lewis Browning. Her passion for caring for the aging population began as a child while visiting nursing homes with her grandmother. She pursued this passion by obtaining a Master’s Degree in Clinical Social Work and a board certification as a Licensed Social Worker in clinical practice. Jennifer’s nursing background and national certification as a Geriatric Care Manager led her down the path towards starting a company focused on helping the aging population.
After serving in Probate Court as a Court Appointed Visitor in elder-care law, Mrs. Browning received requests from the community including, individuals and professionals, for her help and guidance. From there her services progressed to providing individual consultations, continuing probate court work, and expanding her clinical practice to include a team of geriatric professionals who provide an all-inclusive approach to care.
Today We Are…
- The Upstate’s only counseling center designed specifically for issues on aging (LISW-CP and LPC’S).
- The Upstate’s only Mobile Geriatric Team – RN’s and Care Managers will complete on-site assessments at facilities, nursing homes, or homes.
- Your source for Medicaid, VA benefits, Long-term care policies, Medicare D. Advantage Plans.
- Your referral network for assistance in finding nursing homes, assisted living facilities, and independent living communities in SC, NC and Georgia.
- Experts in home care management – our team manages prescriptions, medical appointments, in-home care.
- Experts in facility care management – our team attends care plan meetings, makes on-site visits, submits reports to family members, and manages overall care.
- Probate Court Practices Provider – serve as Expert Witness, Visitor, Examiner, Court-appointed professional Guardian
- Cognitive & Dementia evaluations.
- Patient Advocates.
After 24 years of service to local seniors and families, our extensive knowledge base is here for you, to help you choose the right direction and create a customized care plan that works. Our guidance is based on professional experience; we do not accept referral fees, and we recommend only the best. Browning Geriatric Consulting will make sure you never lose sight of what really matters!